Tuesday 26 February 2013

Jaks bagged eos

 
 

 

Jak's bagged VW EOS



Static Vs Air....a big debate in the modifying scene which has split the scene in 2! Earning more scene points by running a static low daily driver or simply get the crowds jaw dropping at shows when you pull up at shows & hit that magic button to drop frame. Jak Johnston chose the air option for his VW EOS but there's a slight twist to this love story between man & machine but that'll come later! Its a funny story about how we came across Jak's EOS to feature, i was simply doing some early morning facebook'ing when it came up on my news feed that a friend had shared a cheeky photo of this VAG beauty. I instantly fell in love with this car just from one photo, a photo showing a nice air fitment on some newly refurbished wheels. So anyway I dug deeper doing some slight research on this car looking through Jak's profile then came to the decision to send him a small message asking about if he'd be interested for a feature shoot which he kindly agreed too. Time for the twist, Jak may be running air but he runs a small car club/blog called StayStatic alongside his co-founder Brad Griffith’s... although not all what it seems as non-static rides are also welcome...

 


Jaks car bug started with a Classic Mini (was adamant on having something different for a first car, rather than your average Corsa). This had the 1.3i engine with a full stainless system. Spat flames too! Wanting more power he eventually moved onto a Saxo VTR, not needing to be modified though as the previous owner had put 4k into it to produce a healthy 147bhp, this was unfortunately written off into the front of a 6 week old Seat Altea FR & resulting in a night in the local hospital for Jak. Staying with Citroën he replaced this with a C2 GT which just had a simple drop on some FK Coils, after a year & blowing the gear box he moved across to JDM in the search of more power, power in the form of the 230bhp Mazda RX8. "The Mazda was insane, but since owning the Mini, I just wanted something old school and I wanted it to be a clean mk2. A few months down the line I ended up sourcing a nice clean example of a Mk3 Golf 3dr Gti 16v", following on with the stance trend it was modified suitably. This is when the VAG bug hit & the search for a new car began...



Jak... "The Eos came about when I went to the local VW showroom, I was originally after the new Polo (9months ago now). Just wanted something small and cheap so I could go mental on the modifying side. Saw the perfect Polo 'S'. Brand new 1.4 Sport 3dr with all the trick bits on the interior etc. Provisionally put my name on her, walked out to the Golf and saw a 2.0tfsi EOS for 3k cheaper second hand. But defeated the object of cheap to run! They told me they had a diesel equivalent coming in with all the trick interior bits too and was a Sport model. Literally without even seeing the car I put 2k deposit on it and had it a week later. I part exd the Golf Gti and the RX8 to make some more money towards the EOS. Extremely Sad and a happy day."

 


"Why the Eos? They’re special. Simple. How many do you see standard? And how many modified with Airlift Performance and 19" 3 piece splits rocking 10j rears. Not many! I knew as soon as I saw the petrol variant that if I got the diesel I had to make it look trick and no expense or time was spared in the making."

"All my mods come from nowhere. Ask my close friends, I’ll say I’m after one thing and usually buy something more wild and insane than originally stated! So, I’ll say one future modification to keep the reader gripped. Colour change, don’t know what colour, whether its wrap or paint etc. Who knows, I guess you’ll have to watch this space!"



With such a good tasty spec you must have a favourite on the car? Jak surprisingly responded with
"My favourite thing about the car is the engineering of the roof. Yeah I have air ride an all, but the roof is like something from Transformers, CRAVING FOR SUMMER!!"



Jak would like to give thanks to

Shiv and Sonny from Design4 Automotive and HTS for supplying and fitting my AirLift kit, Mark and Simon from FAB-Finishing for making my wheels look incredible, Howard Cator and Rouncy for the mad amount of man hours spent with me and the NagaSaki Dremel to get the car finished(ish) and sitting pretty at the rear! My mum and my Girlfriend for putting up with the car parts, driveway antics and the huge shopping sprees on tyres and other wheels etc not forgetting the boys at home who have all had chipped in their support and encouragement to the build, thanks to Llea, Brad, Matt B, Tom, Matt G!

Stanced.Imaging would like to give thanks to

Jak for supplying us with such an amazing feature car! Was a dream to shoot & when it pulled outside my house on that cold Saturday evening my jaw dropped. Big thanks to Jak & his mate Howard for the excellent help with the torches (iPhone flashes) in lighting certain areas of the shot as I was on my own! & thanks to them both for taking the drive from Scunthorpe in the cold for the shoot! 2 lads I would happily shoot with again if they requested! P.S readers....if you’re attending UD13 keep your eyes out for this in the main exhibition hall on the Design4 Automotive stand as you have to see this car in the flesh to fully appreciate it!
 




Spec list as follows:

Standard 2.0tdi pd140

AirLift Performance Slam series kit
 V2 management. Complete with 2x2.5gal tanks and a Viair 380c compressor.
 Wald D23 19x9 fronts and 19x10 rears
Nankang ns2 225/35/19 all round.
Pioneer App Radio 2 7" screen
 

 
Thanks for looking!
 
Take care, Peace out!
 
Slater
Stanced.Imaging

No comments:

Post a Comment